How I Met Your Mother
The final episode of 'How I Met Your Mother' gets a lot of hate. I disagree - it did what it said on the tin
- we saw how Ted met his children's mother. There were parts I didn't enjoy but overall I loved the episode.
My review at the time was "Funny, happy, sad, perfect!". I stand by that.
- Barney: "You played 'Have You Met Ted' without me, in my bar, with my Ted?"
- Lily: "Not like this, this is different" to Marshall's negative comment about Ted's first date with Tracy.
- Ted and Tracy's excitement at Tracy's pregnancy.
- Barney: "I love you Robin and when we got married I made a vow I would always tell you the truth."
- Lily & Marshall's 3rd pregnancy.
- Tracy's smile with Ted before Barney's "Oh my scrotum!"
- Marshall becomes Judge Fudge and later Fudge Supreme.
- Barney's commitment to his daughter, Ellie "You are the love of my life. Everything I have and everything I am is yours. Forever."
- I loved Tracy's reengagement playfulness. "Yes, yes.", "Yes, sorry.", "Yes.", "Yes."
- Ted and Tracy's wedding.
- Ted's summary of his and Tracy's life. :(
- We saw what we waited to see - 'How I Met Your Mother'. Flirting - "This umbrella has always belonged, T.M., to me."
- Loved the French horn Smurf penis presentation call back, music and Robin's look in reply. : (
- Barney and Robin fighting.
- Barney and Robin's divorce.
- Barney's relapse.
- Robin losing/stopping contact with everyone.
- Barney's new playbook.
- Barney's perfect month*.
- Tracy's death.
Would we still be talking about the final if was a bland everyone lived happily ever after episode?