Melbourne local time and weather
- Time: 2022-12-05 18:39
- Weather: 15.7°C at 2022-12-05 18:00 (BoM)
- Sunrise: 05:51, sunset: 20:30, daylight: 14:39
Melbourne-based after 10 years in Luxembourg then Perth. Software Architect at TIM Technologies, follows tech, sci-fi, breaking news and random humour.
I've worked in the software development industry since joining BS Microcomp in Melbourne.
After ten months I was assigned to the Japanese project culminating in four weeks in Tokyo.
Two years later the company was downsized and five of us were transferred to Luxembourg for
one year, I stayed ten.
Returning to Australia I lived in Perth, started a new company and later returned to Melbourne.
Enjoying getting out most days for fun, drinks, meals, walks, movies and enjoying and experiencing Melbourne.
- 2022-12-03 - First experience with that tech - place fruit on scale at DIY checkout it's recognised as apricots. Surprised it didn't recognise previous offering - bananas.
- 2022-11-18 - 18 November 2005 I started the TIM4biz code and that evening saw 'The Goodies' at His Majesty's Theatre, Perth. That's 50% of my software dev life.
- 2022-10-31 - Favorite 3 books: Friday (Robert A Heinlein), Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution (Steven Levy), Yeager (Chuck Yeager & Leo Jones).
- 2022-10-08 - Started Saturday with a fire alarm and building evacuation at 0330 - first building evacuation since January 2021. Three fire engines in attendance.
- 2022-10-05 - Movie time - selected Ian Flemming's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. And the guy selling the car is played by Desmond Llewelyn - Q. Producer: Albert R. Broccoli.
- 2022-10-02 - That hasn't happened in a while - select unsliced bread, buy unsliced bread, place unsliced bread on counter at home. Open bread to find it's sliced.
- 2022-09-30 - Prefab salad bowl production line - 1 place fork in bowl, 2 place salad in bowl. The guy that invented that probably laughs hmself to sleep every night.
- 2022-09-15 - Microsoft: This version of Windows will be out of support soon so we've deleted your settings, VPN, network shares and startup programs
- 2022-08-21 - Spent the week looking to reward myself with an outside meal. Polite review: cold steak sandwich, full review: redacted, fallout: new fav pubs.
- 2022-07-14 - First real haircut since March 2020. The barber didn’t run away screaming so I guess the DIY jobs weren’t too disastrous. Or he was very polite.
- 2022-06-22 - Yay, got the new type of lights and power switches integrated into the home control system - the
house apartment works again!
- 2022-06-01 - Went to use my pizza wheel this evening and it doesn't exist anymore. Not anywhere. May reappear if I purchase a replacement. Stupid pixies.
- 2022-05-29 - Top Gun: Maverick - Classic opening with familiar music, lots of ACM and proving who's best, call backs to original. Val Kilmer was handled well.
- 2022-05-20 - Prawn and cashew Thai green curry is now a thing. That tasted pretty good, though I could have applied more cashews. Not going out this evening.
- 2022-05-16 - 'Yay', it's Monday. Weekend was a bit of a let down. Empty Friday - no atmosphere at pub, 99% guys. Scammer Sunday.
- 2022-05-05 - Huh, I did repeat a good evening out within seven days. Surpassed last week, suspect I've peaked for the week. Still, I'll explore outside tomorrow.