Melbourne local time and weather
- Time: 2021-12-04 02:57
- Weather: it was 14.4°C at 2021-12-04 02:30 (BoM)
- Sunrise: 05:52, sunset: 20:29
Melbourne-based after 10 years in Luxembourg and then Perth. Software developer at TIM Technologies, follows tech, sci-fi, breaking news and random humor.
I've worked in the software development industry since joining BS Microcomp in Melbourne.
After ten months I was assigned to the Japanese project culminating in four weeks in Tokyo.
Two years later the company was being downsized and five of us were transferred to Luxembourg for
one year, I stayed ten.
Returning to Australia I lived in Perth, started a new company and later returned to Melbourne.
Enjoying getting out most days for fun, drinks, meals, walks, movies and enjoying and exploring Melbourne.
- 2021-12-03 - DIY Thai green beef & prawn curry served with rice and a shot of vodka, not a bad end to the week. Pub was uninteresting, didn't stay long.
- 2021-11-19 - Got to have a beer while standing at the bar like a real person. Garden State Hotel was nice and noisy, busy and a very welcome re-experience.
- 2021-11-18 - Woohoo, the majority of restrictions removed at 23:59 today. Looking forward to noisy Friday evening pub time a week earlier than expected.
- 2021-11-14 - The Fitbit charging cradle made a break for freedom again, only made it 1m, 6 months ago it got 4m across the room before I caught it. Seriously.
- 2021-11-12 - First Friday evening out since July. Seated service only but nice and busy and noisy. IEEE Spectrum and a beer tomorrow. [edit: busy Saturday too]
- 2021-10-30 - I was a bit apprehensive about going out yesterday, haven't been around strangers in months. Made it out today. Worth it.
- 2021-09-22 - Whee, earthquake! I thought about it, "Yes earthquake". Stood and thought "Am I supposed to do something?"
- 2021-09-21 - The replacement AFL parade is a bit shit.
- 2021-08-15 - I Am Mother - Isolating, robotic child raising kept me wondering where daughter v mother v outside leads on the creepy/disturbing/future/lonely scale.
- 2021-07-21 - Breakfast time; beef and vegetable vindaloo served with spaghetti and washed down with instant coffee. Welcome to hump day.
- 2021-06-19 - It's the weekend but I got to submit a bug report about a potentially big issue in a website. Hope it saves someone from a very bad day.
- 2021-04-02 - A quarter of the year has evaporated. A side-effect of spending 2 months on a new project. Managed to get out to pub and regained regular status.
- 2021-01-01 - Happy New Year, let's try not to pronounce this year as '2020 won'.
- 2020-12-29 - Check email for the first time since 24 December, there are a satisfyingly round number of 200 emails waiting. Fewer than expected.
- 2020-11-23 - Whee, this morning's Instagram post was used as the background on Sky News weather report. That made my day, hope the high lasts the week.
- 2020-10-20 - Just realised I was dreaming about the Road Runner last night. I wonder what that was about?