Melbourne local time and weather
- Time: 2022-08-17 11:09
- Weather: 12.3°C at 2022-08-17 10:30 (BoM)
- Sunrise: 07:03, sunset: 17:46, daylight: 10:43
Melbourne-based after 10 years in Luxembourg and then Perth. Software Architect at TIM Technologies, follows tech, sci-fi, breaking news and random humour.
I've worked in the software development industry since joining BS Microcomp in Melbourne.
After ten months I was assigned to the Japanese project culminating in four weeks in Tokyo.
Two years later the company was downsized and five of us were transferred to Luxembourg for
one year, I stayed ten.
Returning to Australia I lived in Perth, started a new company and later returned to Melbourne.
Enjoying getting out most days for fun, drinks, meals, walks, movies and enjoying and experiencing Melbourne.
- 2022-07-14 - First real haircut since March 2020. The barber didn’t run away screaming so I guess the DIY jobs weren’t too disastrous. Or he was very polite.
- 2022-06-22 - Yay, got the new type of lights and power switches integrated into the home control system - the
house apartment works again!
- 2022-06-01 - Went to use my pizza wheel this evening and it doesn't exist anymore. Not anywhere. May reappear if I purchase a replacement. Stupid pixies.
- 2022-05-29 - Top Gun: Maverick - Classic opening with familiar music, lots of ACM and proving who's best, call backs to original. Some character intros a little slow.
- 2022-05-20 - Prawn and cashew Thai green curry is now a thing. That tasted pretty good, though I could have applied more cashews. Not going out this evening.
- 2022-05-16 - 'Yay', it's Monday. Weekend was a bit of a let down. Empty Friday - no atmosphere at pub, 99% guys. Scammer Sunday.
- 2022-05-05 - Huh, I did repeat a good evening out within seven days. Surpassed last week, suspect I've peaked for the week. Still, I'll explore outside tomorrow.
- 2022-04-29 - That was an enjoyable few hours out. A couple of chats and smiles. I need to work out what I did and repeat it next week, or sooner.
- 2022-04-24 - Nice day out there. Lots of people about, it feels more Melbourne. Walked past wedding photo shoot, out of shot bridesmaid looked incredibly bored.
- 2022-04-07 - Melbourne is feeling more like Melbourne with more people about; Formula 1 in town, long queue for Melbourne International Comedy Festival, busy pub.
- 2022-03-04 - It's only just really occurred to me that it's Saturday tomorrow and I don't have to work much. I might need a break. [edit: updating food ordering app]
- 2022-02-02 - 30 years ago today I transferred to Luxembourg for a one-year assignment. I stayed 10 years. I miss the place.
- 2022-01-19 - Outside is still there. Nice mid-week walkies. Even jogged a couple of short sections. Planning on the 4th consecutive hour plus walkies tomorrow.
- 2022-01-10 - Open curtains and look outside to welcome Melbourne CBD to Monday. It's a deserted zombieville out there, it may as well be lockdown 7.
- 2021-12-31 - Good news - World timekeepers have decreed there will be no leap second on 31 December 2021. Let's hope next year is not 2020 too. Best wishes.
- 2021-12-21 - Long time since an impulse purchase rack at checkout has got me. Yes, I will purchase that DIY COVID-19 test kit. Admittedly I was purchasing masks.