Melbourne local time and weather
- Time: 2022-01-24 01:58
- Weather: 24.6°C at 2022-01-23 23:30 (BoM)
- Sunrise: 06:24, sunset: 20:39, daylight: 14:15
Melbourne-based after 10 years in Luxembourg and then Perth. Software developer at TIM Technologies, follows tech, sci-fi, breaking news and random humor.
I've worked in the software development industry since joining BS Microcomp in Melbourne.
After ten months I was assigned to the Japanese project culminating in four weeks in Tokyo.
Two years later the company was being downsized and five of us were transferred to Luxembourg for
one year, I stayed ten.
Returning to Australia I lived in Perth, started a new company and later returned to Melbourne.
Enjoying getting out most days for fun, drinks, meals, walks, movies and enjoying and exploring Melbourne.
- 2022-01-19 - Outside is still there. Nice mid-week walkies. Even jogged a couple of short sections. Planning on the 4th consecutive hour plus walkies tomorrow.
- 2022-01-10 - Open curtains and look outside to welcome Melbourne CBD to Monday. It's a deserted zombieville out there, it may as well be lockdown 7.
- 2021-12-31 - Good news - World timekeepers have decreed there will be no leap second on 31 December 2021. Let's hope next year is not 2020 too. Best wishes, hugs.
- 2021-12-21 - Long time since an impulse purchase rack at checkout has got me. Yes, I will purchase that DIY COVID-19 test kit. Admittedly I was purchasing masks.
- 2021-12-20 - Went to pub. It was closed. Damn, the day was planned with that reward. Updated home control system to periodically get opening hours.
- 2021-12-18 - Exhausted and coffee isn't helping as it seems pixies have swapped it out for playdough again, and not the good stuff but the off-brand fake stuff.
- 2021-12-17 - It's Friday night and I'm watching an Alyssa Milano movie. It's been a few years since I've watched this one. Don't judge, nothing wrong with Commando.
- 2021-12-11 - Dune - Great look, costumes and sound retelling a familiar story. Over 2.5 hours, the time flew and I didn't want it to end.
- 2021-12-10 - Well that was a stressier than expected day. 11+ hours later I made it outside, went to the usual and let the noise wash over me as I unwound.
- 2021-12-06 - Bathurst with an echidna on track yesterday, mad Saudi Arabian F1 race this morning, crashes, red flags, safety cars, poor communication and passing.
- 2021-12-03 - DIY Thai green beef & prawn curry served with rice and a shot of vodka, not a bad end to the week. Pub was uninteresting, didn't stay long.
- 2021-11-19 - Got to have a beer while standing at the bar like a real person. Garden State Hotel was nice and noisy, busy and a very welcome re-experience.
- 2021-11-18 - Woohoo, the majority of restrictions removed at 23:59 today. Looking forward to noisy Friday evening pub time a week earlier than expected.
- 2021-11-14 - The Fitbit charging cradle made a break for freedom again, only made it 1m, 6 months ago it got 4m across the room before I caught it. Seriously.
- 2021-11-12 - First Friday evening out since July. Seated service only but nice and busy and noisy. IEEE Spectrum and a beer tomorrow. [edit: busy Saturday too]
- 2021-10-30 - I was a bit apprehensive about going out yesterday, haven't been around strangers in months. Made it out today. Worth it.