Melbourne local time and weather
- Time: 2023-06-11 07:08
- Weather: 11.5°C at 2023-06-11 06:30 BoM
- Sunrise: 07:32, sunset: 17:07, daylight: 9:35
Melbourne-based after 10 years in Luxembourg then Perth. Software Developer at TIM Technologies, follows tech, sci-fi, breaking news and random humour.
I've worked in the software development industry since joining BS Microcomp in Melbourne.
After ten months I was assigned to the Japanese project culminating in four weeks in Tokyo.
Two years later the company was downsized and five of us were transferred to Luxembourg for
one year, I stayed ten.
Returning to Australia I lived in Perth, started a new company and later returned to Melbourne.
Enjoying getting out most days for fun, drinks, meals, walks, movies and enjoying and experiencing Melbourne.
- 2023-05-25 - When I hold the fridge to my ear it sounds like the ocean; I'd better do some shopping.
- 2023-05-09 - Great dinner, drinks, chats and catchups with the Davids. Now, about that steel spike, what's the best way to extract yourself from it?
- 2023-03-25 - The Big Short immediately reminded me of being on the trading room floor when the OS/2 version of DR-one went live on 05 November 1990.
- 2023-03-24 - It seems the writers of Star Trek Picard season 3 have watched Star Trek before. Well done. And so many references that I missed. Thanks, guys!
- 2023-03-09 - I just realised that my 42-year-old pencil case was in my dreams a night or two ago. That can't be good; I need better dreams.
- 2023-03-04 - I've now lived cumulatively as long in Melbourne as I did in Luxembourg; 3,532 days
- 2023-01-27 - Huh, I just tried to use a hook on the kitchen wall above the stove; that has not existed since Luxembourg in 2001. That can't be good.
- 2022-01-22 - Tried formally favorite pub. Nearly empty yet poor service; left without drinking. Used to attend multiple days a week. Now 5 times since August 2022.
- 2023-01-20 - Friday night movie double feature Aladdin (1992) & John Wick (2014). That double feature combination must be a first. Shame I forgot the popcorn.
- 2022-12-19 - Taking the elevator home I was counting floors in French. I stopped counting at 13 but the elevator continued. Oh, that was my level in Dommeldange.
- 2022-12-11 - Thought I had left-hand thread pasta. No. I'll have to make do with penne with the lamb vindaloo. [Edit: I survived the unexpected substitution]
- 2022-11-18 - 18 November 2005 I started the TIM4biz code and that evening saw 'The Goodies' at His Majesty's Theatre, Perth. That's 50% of my software dev life.
- 2022-10-31 - Favorite 3 books: Friday (Robert A Heinlein), Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution (Steven Levy), Yeager (Chuck Yeager & Leo Jones).
- 2022-10-08 - Started Saturday with a fire alarm and building evacuation at 0330 - first building evacuation since January 2021. Three fire engines in attendance.
- 2022-10-05 - Movie time - Ian Flemming's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. And the guy selling the car is played by Desmond Llewelyn - Q. Producer: Albert R. Broccoli.
- 2022-10-02 - That hasn't happened in a while - select unsliced bread, buy unsliced bread, place unsliced bread on counter at home. Open bread to find it's sliced.