Melbourne local time and weather
- Time: 2023-11-30 21:34
- Weather: 14.6°C at 2023-11-30 21:00 BoM
- Sunrise: 05:52, sunset: 20:25, daylight: 14:33
Melbourne-based after 10 years in Luxembourg then Perth. Software Developer at TIM Technologies, follows tech, sci-fi, breaking news and random humour.
I've worked in the software development industry since joining BS Microcomp in Melbourne.
After ten months I was assigned to the Japanese project culminating in four weeks in Tokyo.
Two years later the company was downsized and five of us were transferred to Luxembourg for
one year, I stayed ten.
Returning to Australia I lived in Perth, started a new company and later returned to Melbourne.
Enjoying getting out most days for fun, drinks, meals, walks, movies and enjoying and experiencing Melbourne.
- 2023-11-07 - Realised that overnight I was dreaming about installing Windows Updates, that's a new one.
- 2023-10-13 - Today I installed MS-DOS 6.22 for the first time in a while. C:/DOS> C:/DOS/RUN> RUN/DOS/RUN
- 2023-09-28 - Well September has just about been used up, it's been a solid stretch of work since August, yay public holiday tomorrow.
- 2023-08-06 - Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning 1 - Continuous action, fun, stunts, good guys, bad guys, handcuffs, slapstick moment. Time flew, enjoyed it.
- 2023-08-05 - I picked up new glasses. While checking for fit wearing contacts and glasses I made the mistake of opening my eyes. Blurriest thing ever!
- 2023-07-29 - Great Chrome update - titles on inactive tabs are now black text on black background. Version 115.0.5790.110. Delete and reinstall.
- 2023-07-27 - Received a message and photos from a DR-one friend regarding her daughter's wedding. There's been a time jump in life somewhere I missed.
- 2023-07-16 - Repeating dreams overnight of having to hand code a resource file for an OS/2 application. And a dream about updating Saturday's fajitas.
- 2023-07-02 - Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - Call backs to the previous movies, it went a direction I didn't expect, no aliens though. Fun ride, time flew.
- 2023-05-25 - When I hold the fridge to my ear it sounds like the ocean; I'd better do some shopping.
- 2023-05-09 - Great dinner, drinks, chats and catchups with the Davids. Now, about that steel spike, what's the best way to extract yourself from it?
- 2023-03-25 - The Big Short immediately reminded me of being on the trading room floor when the OS/2 version of DR-one went live on 05 November 1990.
- 2023-03-24 - It seems the writers of Star Trek Picard season 3 have watched Star Trek before. Well done. And so many references that I missed. Thanks, guys!
- 2023-03-09 - I just realised that my 42-year-old pencil case was in my dreams a night or two ago. That can't be good; I need better dreams.
- 2023-03-04 - I've now lived cumulatively as long in Melbourne as I did in Luxembourg; 3,532 days
- 2023-01-27 - Huh, I just tried to use a hook on the kitchen wall above the stove; that has not existed since Luxembourg in 2001. That can't be good.