Melbourne local time and weather
- Time: 2022-05-18 22:18
- Weather: 11.3°C at 2022-05-18 22:00 (BoM)
- Sunrise: 07:16, sunset: 17:17, daylight: 10:01
Melbourne-based after 10 years in Luxembourg and then Perth. Software Architect at TIM Technologies, follows tech, sci-fi, breaking news and random humour.
I've worked in the software development industry since joining BS Microcomp in Melbourne.
After ten months I was assigned to the Japanese project culminating in four weeks in Tokyo.
Two years later the company was downsized and five of us were transferred to Luxembourg for
one year, I stayed ten.
Returning to Australia I lived in Perth, started a new company and later returned to Melbourne.
Enjoying getting out most days for fun, drinks, meals, walks, movies and enjoying and experiencing Melbourne.
- 2022-05-16 - 'Yay', it's Monday. Weekend was a bit of a let down. Empty Friday - no atmosphere at pub, 99% guys. Scammer Sunday - online dating sucks.
- 2022-05-05 - Huh, I did repeat a good evening out within seven days. Surpassed last week, suspect I've peaked for the week. Still, I'll explore outside tomorrow.
- 2022-04-29 - That was an enjoyable few hours out. A couple of chats and smiles. I need to work out what I did and repeat it next week, or sooner.
- 2022-04-24 - Nice day out there. Lots of people about, it feels more Melbourne. Walked past wedding photo shoot, out of shot bridesmaid looked incredibly bored.
- 2022-04-07 - Melbourne is feeling more like Melbourne with more people about; Formula 1 in town, long queue for Melbourne International Comedy Festival, busy pub.
- 2022-03-04 - It's only just really occurred to me that it's Saturday tomorrow and I don't have to work much. I might need a break. [edit: updating food ordering app]
- 2022-02-02 - 30 years ago today I transferred to Luxembourg for a one-year assignment. I stayed 10 years. I miss the place.
- 2022-01-19 - Outside is still there. Nice mid-week walkies. Even jogged a couple of short sections. Planning on the 4th consecutive hour plus walkies tomorrow.
- 2022-01-10 - Open curtains and look outside to welcome Melbourne CBD to Monday. It's a deserted zombieville out there, it may as well be lockdown 7.
- 2021-12-31 - Good news - World timekeepers have decreed there will be no leap second on 31 December 2021. Let's hope next year is not 2020 too. Best wishes.
- 2021-12-21 - Long time since an impulse purchase rack at checkout has got me. Yes, I will purchase that DIY COVID-19 test kit. Admittedly I was purchasing masks.
- 2021-12-20 - Went to pub. It was closed. Damn, the day was planned with that reward. Updated home control system to periodically get opening hours.
- 2021-12-18 - Exhausted and coffee isn't helping as it seems pixies have swapped it out for playdough again, and not the good stuff but the off-brand fake stuff.
- 2021-12-17 - It's Friday night and I'm watching an Alyssa Milano movie. It's been a few years since I've watched this one. Nothing wrong with Commando.
- 2021-12-11 - Dune - Great look, costumes and sound retelling a familiar story. Over 2.5 hours, the time flew, and I didn't want it to end.
- 2021-12-10 - Well that was a stressier than expected day. 11+ hours later I made it outside, went to the usual and let the noise wash over me as I unwound.