Melbourne local time and weather
- Time: 2023-01-30 18:51
- Weather: 19.8°C at 2023-01-30 18:30 BoM
- Sunrise: 06:31, sunset: 20:35, daylight: 14:04
Melbourne-based after 10 years in Luxembourg then Perth. Software Architect at TIM Technologies, follows tech, sci-fi, breaking news and random humour.
I've worked in the software development industry since joining BS Microcomp in Melbourne.
After ten months I was assigned to the Japanese project culminating in four weeks in Tokyo.
Two years later the company was downsized and five of us were transferred to Luxembourg for
one year, I stayed ten.
Returning to Australia I lived in Perth, started a new company and later returned to Melbourne.
Enjoying getting out most days for fun, drinks, meals, walks, movies and enjoying and experiencing Melbourne.
- 2023-01-27 - Huh, I just tried to use a hook on the kitchen wall above the stove; that has not existed since Luxembourg in 2001. That can't be good.
- 2022-01-22 - Tried formally favorite pub. Nearly empty yet poor service; left without drinking. Used to go there multiple days a week. Now 5 times since August 2022.
- 2023-01-20 - Friday night movie double feature Aladdin (1992) & John Wick (2014). That double feature combination must be a first. Shame I forgot the popcorn.
- 2022-12-19 - Taking the elevator home I was counting floors in French. I stopped counting at 13 but the elevator continued. Oh, that was my level in Dommeldange.
- 2022-12-11 - Thought I had left-hand thread pasta. No. I'll have to make do with penne with the lamb vindaloo. [Edit: I survived the unexpected substitution]
- 2022-11-18 - 18 November 2005 I started the TIM4biz code and that evening saw 'The Goodies' at His Majesty's Theatre, Perth. That's 50% of my software dev life.
- 2022-10-31 - Favorite 3 books: Friday (Robert A Heinlein), Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution (Steven Levy), Yeager (Chuck Yeager & Leo Jones).
- 2022-10-08 - Started Saturday with a fire alarm and building evacuation at 0330 - first building evacuation since January 2021. Three fire engines in attendance.
- 2022-10-05 - Movie time - Ian Flemming's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. And the guy selling the car is played by Desmond Llewelyn - Q. Producer: Albert R. Broccoli.
- 2022-10-02 - That hasn't happened in a while - select unsliced bread, buy unsliced bread, place unsliced bread on counter at home. Open bread to find it's sliced.
- 2022-09-30 - Prefab salad bowl production line - 1 place fork in bowl, 2 place salad in bowl. The guy that invented that probably laughs hmself to sleep every night.
- 2022-09-15 - Microsoft: This version of Windows will be out of support soon so we've deleted your settings, VPN, network shares and startup programs
- 2022-08-21 - Spent the week looking to reward myself with an outside meal. Polite review: cold steak sandwich, full review: redacted, fallout: new fav pubs.
- 2022-07-14 - First real haircut since March 2020. The barber didn’t run away screaming so I guess the DIY jobs weren’t too disastrous. Or he was very polite.
- 2022-06-22 - Yay, got the new type of lights and power switches integrated into the home control system - the
house apartment works again!
- 2022-06-01 - Went to use my pizza wheel this evening and it doesn't exist anymore. Not anywhere. May reappear if I purchase a replacement. Stupid pixies.